I'm not sure I like the new status thing on my page. It gets confused with my journal.
My apologies to any requests I may have. I know I haven't been able to complete them. Survival has me by the nose again, and this time it's a bit more serious than usual. My poor husband since being retired just can't seem to find a permanent job. For example, the job he was at yesterday had to ban him from the premises for now because his tb test came back positive. He doesn't have tb. He was stationed in Hawaii for a while. So it's me, working until exhaustion and being sick a lot from it as I try desperately to at least make the light bill. For the record, I haven't been succeeding.
Anyway, yesterday I made cupcakes. You can't eat these cupcakes, and they're only about an inch high. But while working on the charms I decided I wanted to add polymur clay cupcakes to my stock so took some time to make a tiny mold and create some.
I could have bought a mold I guess, but I didn't think about it at that time. For the cupcake base I ended up using a thimble. For the top I had to make the parts and then mold them. Voila, squishy cupcake. LOL. I'll hopefully find time to add photos.
But my charm project is coming along. I've been experimenting with all sorts of ways to make the chickens vs Link charms, and I think I finally have a process that's a keeper. This journey has lead me through shrinky dinks, to resin, and back to polymur clay. I've made some mermaid charms that I think will hold. If they do, the chicken chase charm bracelet will be on its way.